SRI is seeking a full time Mechanical Inspector for our busy Quality Department in Chester Springs, PA. The Mechanical Inspector performs and verifies visual, dimensional, electrical, and mechanical inspection functions relating to source, first article, receiving, in process, final check and test operations using company supplied drawings, equipment, procedures, and metrology and work instructions.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Supports technical verification of incoming, in process, final and first article inspection in accordance with department work instructions and procedures.
- Handles all department documentation and records, as required and defined, in department work instructions as directed.
- Supports the audit function as defined and required by Quality Management
- Documents inspection problems and notifies appropriate functions via the DMR, MRB and CAR processes.
- Ensures parts meeting customer engineering specifications and quality requirements.
- Initiates and leads supplier corrective action requests through completion
- Prepares and submits secondary work instructions as needed.
- Organizes production part approval process documentation, completes first article sample disposition documents and notifies suppliers of approval, non-approval or other requirements.
- Responds to supplier and Product Management team inquiries in and comprehensive and timely manner.
- Special products as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education and/or work experience, AAS Preferred
- Minimum 5 years direct hands-on experience in Manufacturing or Quality, preferably with a production machine shop facility
- Exceptional mechanical inspection knowledge, technique and ability
- SPC, weld, paint, plate, heat treat, casting, molding process knowledge
- Proven proficiency with measurement and inspection tools/equipment such as CMM experience (programming provides a qualified advantage), optical comparator, caliper micrometer, gage pins, ring gages, hardness tester
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings, product specifications and industry standards
- Computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite, a must
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) a plus
- ISO 9001, TS16969 and/or AS9100 Lean manufacturing systems a plus
SRI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vacation and 401k. We are an equal opportunity employer. Background check is a part of our hiring process.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to be considered.