Customer Service/Purchasing Assistant
Specialty Resources is a global sourcing and inventory management company for precision components & specialty products. Our domestic and offshore partnered factories allow us to source and supply our customers with quality products at competitive prices. SRI can supply; precision machined components, stampings, bearings, castings & forgings, cold headed & powdered metal parts, electrical components, rubber & plastics, seals, gaskets, springs, sheet metal fabrication and fasteners.
The Customer Service/Purchasing Assistant supports the product management team in all product management activities. This position is largely responsible for providing clerical support, data entry, customer follow-up and updating SRI systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the product management team by entering sales orders
- Monitors inventory with current customer forecast/usage data, purchase order entry, etc.
- Generating and reviewing reports
- Generation review and update of daily reports
- Preparing and maintaining various Excel spreadsheets
- Maintaining effective communication with various internal departments as well as customer and supplier as directed
- Expedite and/or make schedule changes as direct by the product manager
- Special projects as directed
Required Skills and Competencies
- Extreme attention to detail with strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and oral
- Ability to work independently
- Firm knowledge of MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Access
- Thrives in an environment of multi-tasking priorities, deadline driven, with routine interruptions
Required Education and Background
- High School or Equivalent
- 2 year’s prior manufacturing experience in purchasing, customer service, project, product or quality administration
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k).
When responding, please include salary history/expectations with your resume.
Specialty Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Employees are carefully selected based on positive work history, reference verification and background checks.