Global Sourcing Assistant
Specialty Resources is a global sourcing and inventory management company for precision components & specialty products. Our domestic and offshore partnered factories allow us to source and supply our customers with quality products at competitive prices. SRI can supply; precision machined components, stampings, bearings, castings & forgings, cold headed & powdered metal parts, electrical components, rubber & plastics, seals, gaskets, springs, sheet metal fabrication and fasteners.
Specialty Resources Inc. is seeking an experienced and results oriented individual to join our team as Global Sourcing Assistant. The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge in a related industry. The individual will support the company in several areas including sourcing, quoting, new business development and new supplier development to ensure product quality and cost. This individual will be responsible for assisting the global sourcing department and will report to the Global Sourcing Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support with item level sourcing, by preparing, executing, and following up on customer RFQ’s in a timely fashion that best supports the objectives of the company
- Prepare Quotes
- Researching new supplier sources and their capabilities while also providing initial contact for quality and cost initiatives
- Maintain a high level of product and supply base knowledge
- Review reports to identify, drive and implement cost reduction initiatives as directed
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must be a strong communicator both written and oral
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, MS Office Suite, Outlook
- Understanding of product specifications and order requirements
- Blue Print Reading
- Relationship building with supply base and networking experience
- Continuous improvement and lean understanding
- Evaluate risks, assess scenarios and make recommendations concerning the supply chain
- Read and speak Mandarin Chinese a plus
Required Education and Background
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Project Management or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years in strategic procurement and planning in a metal component manufacturing environment such as precision machining, fabrication, foundry or molded parts
- 100% Sedentary in an office environment
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, reaching, climbing stairs
- Computer and general office equipment use
- Minimal travel
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k).
When responding, please include salary history/expectations with your resume.
Specialty Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Employees are carefully selected based on positive work history, reference verification and background checks.