Specialty Resources is a global sourcing and inventory management company for precision components & specialty products. Our domestic and offshore partnered factories allow us to source and supply our customers with quality products at competitive prices. SRI can supply; precision machined components, stampings, bearings, castings & forgings, cold headed & powdered metal parts, electrical components, rubber & plastics, seals, gaskets, springs, sheet metal fabrication and fasteners.
Performs and verifies dimensional, mechanical, and visual inspection functions relating to first article piece(s), receiving, in process, final check and test operations using company supplied drawings, equipment, metrology, procedures and work instructions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs verification of incoming, first article samples, in process and production inspection in accordance with SRI work procedures and customer requirements
- Handles department records, documentation and filing as required and defined in QC work instructions and as instructed and required by department Leadership
- Supports the audit function as requested and required by Quality Management
- Ensures parts meet SRI and Customer specifications, test & quality requirements
- Documents inspection issues, problems and concerns then notifies the customer and appropriate internal SRI functions using the DMR, MRB and CAR processes
- Initiates, tracks and supports supplier corrective action requests to completion
- Handles special projects as per the departments Inspection Supervisor and/or Management Team’s instruction in a timely manner
- Prepares, assures accuracy and submits Secondary Work instructions as required
- Organizes PPAP documentation; completes First Article Inspection Disposition documents and notifies suppliers of sample approved or non-approved results
- Responds to and communicates with Supplier and Product Management Team inquiries in a timely, clear, concise and comprehensive manner
- Work overtime as requested and needed
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to read engineering drawings with mechanical inspection experience
- Ability to utilize standard measuring tools and equipment such an optical comparator, caliper, micrometer, gage pins, ring gages, etc
- Knowledge of and exposure to GD&T, (CMM experience is a major plus)
- Basic computer skills used for data collection / input and record keeping
Required Education and Background
- High school diploma or equivalent education and/or work experience
- One (1) year as a Quality Inspector of machined components and fabrications
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k).
When responding, please include salary history/expectations with your resume.
Specialty Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Employees are carefully selected based on positive work history, reference verification and background checks.